Sunday, September 22, 2013

Edmodo is in my classroom!

At least, I survived the first full week of the school year!

The first thing I did with my students this past week was to sign them up on Edmodo. Edmodo is a social media website that allows classroom interactions in the schools. When I introduced this website to my students, there was a common chorus "It is like Facebook!" 

This is going to be my second year to employ this learning platform in class. Last school year was definitely rewarding.  Students posted their homework on Edmodo and got their scores online. They accessed their lesson presentation, project profile sheets, among others. They also posted their laboratory reports, their projects and their writing outputs. Ultimately, they evaluated and commented on their classmates' projects and reports.

When students affirmed that they enjoyed and learned in class because of the challenges met in using technology, the ultimate reward indeed belongs to the teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment